After six months of Beta program, we are excited to announce that DSM 6.0 official is now available.
DSM 6.0 is a major leap in the development of DSM and introduces major enhancements in every aspect including Virtualisation, Cloud Solution, Collaboration, Security, Multimedia, Accessibility and many more.
For more detailed information, please refer to https://www.synology.com/en-uk/dsm/6.0
Alongside the release of our new DSM software we are pleased to announce the release of the DS416slim.
· DS416slim is ultra-small in size with only 18.4 cm x 16.8 cm x 23.0 cm(7.2” x 6.6” x 9.0”) and less than 700g, standing out to be the most compact NAS among all of our product lines.
· It supports total 4 x 2.5” SATA III/II hard drives and is also one of the j series model which adopts the Marvell Armada 38X CPU family, equipping with Armada 385 Dual Core 1.0GHz CPU and 512 MB DDR3 memory.
· DS416slim provides great read/write performance of 170.23 MB/s in reading and over 77.62 MB/s in writing through Link Aggregation in Windows environment.
· Dual 1GbE RJ45 LAN ports are located in the rear panel, ensuring continuous service uptime and reduce the risk of unexpected LAN failure. Total two USB 3.0 are supported for high speed data transfer, each located in the front and rear side.
· DS416slim is backed with Synology’s 2-year limited warranty.
Please note that the above performance is based on DSM 5.2 and the performance based on DSM 6.0 will be updated within 2 weeks.
Synology DiskStation DS416slim is now available worldwide.