There are probably as many chassis designs and manufacturers out there as mice, surfaces and keyboard, so you would be forgiven if you struggle from time to time when trying to pick a new one. Gone are the days of tall or small beige boxes and their horrid green or brown motherboards making PC’s as interesting as keyboards used to be and not much more appealing. Now, we have the opposite situation with manufacturers catching up with modders, who to be honest, created the modern fashions along with the overclockers.
Aerocool have been around since 2001 and have probably seen most of that scene grow as they have and expand, as they have. So, they should be pretty good when it comes to understanding modders, overclockers and all the rest of the geeks! Today we are going to review the Aerocool Aero-1000 White Chassis which Aerocool claim to be of extraordinary design and have excellent cable management.
|Chassis Type||Mid Tower|
|Motherboards||ATX/Micro ATX / Mini ITX|
|Chassis Dimensions||210 x 463 x 450mm (W x H x D)|
|Case Dimensions||210 x 500 x 491.7mm (W x H x D, overall)|
|5.25” Drive Bays||2 (Exposed)|
|3.5” Drive Bays||5 (Internal, compatible with 2.5”HDD/SSD)|
|2.5” Drive Bays||2 (Internal)|
|Max length available for PCI slots||290mm (410mm – Without middle HDD cage)|
|I/O Ports||2 x USB3.0 + HD Audio & Mic.|
|Max height for CPU coolers||Support Max. Height of 170 mm For CPU Cooler|
- Great Water-cooling Support – either 240 or 280mm radiator (Front & Top)
- Dual USB 3.0 Super Speed ports and HD audio
- Large Acrylic left side window for clear viewing
- Removable 3.5” HDD cage supports long graphic card up to 410mm
- Supports max. CPU cooler height of 170mm
- Supports max. PSU length of 220mm
- Removable PSU dust filter for easy cleaning
- Shock-proof rubber for 3.5” HDDs and PSU
- Pre-drilled holes for cable management to reduce cable mess
- Supports up to 5×3.5” HDD or 7×2.5” HDD/SSD installation
- Supports max 5 fans – 2x120mm included in the front & 1x120mm included in the rear
Not our favourite packaging, lots of static if not handled correctly, beware!
The chassis is made from pressed and shaped metal, along with plastic fittings and features. White painted semi gloss for the exterior and a finer semi gloss, almost matt finish for the black sections and inside.