Today I’m going to write about the latest product from takeMS – MediaStation easy. Lately we had the opportunity to write about products from IT components market (like USB drives, storage, memory and graphic cards). This is our first article in home entertainment category so we have the opportunity to test takeMS solution for home media player.
MediaStation easy is the first product from takeMS in this category, although I’ve seen prototypes of this product at CeBIT 2009. It seems that this product is the first one of many to come from takeMS in home entertainment category.
O.K. then after such long introduction, let’s start to write about this MediaStation. I just wanted to add that this is my first article that I’m writing about some home entertainment device, and I’m very much excited about this.
You can see from the pictures about the official specifications of this device link
- Plays all common standard definition video files Container: AVI, VOB, MPG, DAT, MP4 / Codec: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 ASP, XviD
- Plays MP3 and WMA audio files (no DRM support)
- Playback of JPG / JPEG picture files as slideshow with background music
- USB 2.0 connector for external HDD and USB flash drives
- Card reader for SDHC, MMC and MS memory card
- Readable filesystems: FAT, FAT32, NTFS
- Supports all common subtitle formats
- HDMI connector for easy connection with your new flatscreen TV
- SCART compatible AV output for older TV systems (composite video)
- IR remote control
- Measurements: 19mm x 76mm x 79mm (HxWxD) Weight: 108g
- Content of package: takeMS MediaStation easy, AV output cable, remote control, printed manual (GER / EN), AC/DC adapter, CD with digital manuals
The MediaStation is packed in carton box with most of the important product specifications (which are multilanguage) are written on the backside of this package. The package contains: media player, A/V cable, remote controller, AC/DC adapter, printed user manual and the last item is mini CD which contains multi language manuals.