We’ve previously reviewed the Aerocool Aero-1000 White Chassis and liked it. The Aero-1000 chassis got a solid 4.3/5.0 and was also recommended as a great all-rounder. The Aero-1000 is the high end PGS A Series chassis form Aerocool, with the Aero-800 in the middle and the Aero-500 starting the range off.
Today we are reviewing the Aero-800 Black Edition chassis, the middle man in the A Series. It shares the look and feel of the Aero-1000 in a mid sized package. It has a window and a specially designed top metal cover for extra water cooling compatibility.
It also has the usual USB 3.0 and external front panel ports so you are not fumbling round the back when you are plugging in your gaming headset or USB drive.
The A Series share all the same features, just in three different sizes, let’s see how the Aero-800 measures up.
|Chassis Type||Mid Tower|
|Motherboards||ATX/Micro ATX / Mini ITX|
|Chassis Dimensions||200 x 472 x 430mm (W x H x D)|
|Case Dimensions||200 x 501 x 475.8mm (W x H x D, overall)|
|5.25” Drive Bays||2 (Exposed)|
|3.5” Drive Bays||2 (Internal, compatible with 2.5”HDD/SSD)|
|2.5” Drive Bays||3 (Internal)|
|Max length available for PCI slots||390mm|
|I/O Ports||2 x USB3.0 + 2 x USB2.0 + HD Audio & Mic.|
|Air Cooling System||Top : 2 x 120mm fans (Optional)
Front : 2 x 120mm fans or 2 x 140 mm fans (Included 1 x 120mm LED fan)
Rear : 1 x 120mm fan ( Included 1 x 120mm Black fan)
|Water Cooling System||Top : 120 /240 mm Radiator (MAX. 32mm thickness)
Rear : 120mm Radiator
Front : 120 / 140 / 240 / 280mm Radiator (MAX. 40mm thickness)
|Max height for CPU coolers||Support Max. Height of 155 mm For CPU Cooler|
- Specially designed top metal cover with extended depth to easily install 240mm radiator.
- Front panel also supports the installation of either 240mm/280mm water cooling system.
- Bay covers are designed with a simple flip mechanism for easy removal of bay cover.
- Support hi-end graphic cards up to 390mm.
- Supports max. CPU cooler height of 155mm.
- Supports max. PSU length of 180mm.
- Magnetic metal mesh sheet on top panel is easy to remove for cleaning.
- Removable PSU dust filter for easy cleaning.
- Supports up to 2×3.5” HDD and 3×2.5” HDD/SSD.
- 2xUSB3.0+2xUSB2.0 / HD Audio + Mic.
- Large acrylic side window for clear viewing of chassis interior.
Usual Aerocool packaging, not our favourite as it promotes static when you are unpacking, but it does the job. There was no damage when unpacking, everything came secured in place.