We used the Asus Rampage V Extreme Motherboard with its extreme range of memory settings as a test bed. We used the X.M.P. settings then manually set the overclock when testing.
- Operating System – Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
- Processor: Intel i7-5820K
- Graphics: PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 770
- Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme Motherboard
- Memory: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 LT Memory 4x4Gb
- Drives: 2 x 128GB SSDs OS (SanDisk SSD SATA III 128GB)
- Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
- PSU: Corsair HX1000i
- PCMark 08
- AIDA64 Extreme
Real World Tests
- Battlefield 4
We have clocked the memory at stock and a small overclock to 2600Mhz as both reports show.
The timings of 16-16-16-39 didn’t budge for the overclock which is encouraging. Next, we have the AIDA64 Extreme test results.
If you are not familiar with our format, we use charts to describe the benchmark results. These use colours that can often be similar or even different shades of each colour. If this becomes hard to read, you can click on any of the review samples on the chart to remove it, or add it back in.